Paul makes some final comments in relationship to himself and the Romans, as well as in terms of where he is in his ministry. These include:
1. His sense of mission toward them and the Gentiles in general.
2. He mentions that he has written quite boldly (15:15), which places the tone of this letter in relation to other Christian instruction out there.
3. He tells where he has preached, how he has exhausted his ministry in those regions.
4. He mentions his philosophy only to preach where the gospel has not yet been preached.
5. He tells of his plan to visit them
on his way to
6. He anticipates the possibility of some opposition in Jerusalem.